The Morris Township Police Department has a number of police officers trained as certified car seat technicians. These officers can assist you in checking the installation of a car seat.
Setting an Appointment
Car seat inspections are conducted by appointment only and are solely for residents in Morris Township.
- If making an appointment via the car seat installation form, please allow five business days for a response.
- If you are in need of an appointment sooner please contact 973-326-7436 and leave a message for one of our traffic officers.
- If you are not a resident of Morris Township please visit the New Jersey website to find the nearest inspection station or SeatCheck.org.
Car Seat Laws
- New Jersey's Car Seat Law.
- -Children under age 2 and weighing less than 30 pounds must be secured in a rear-facing child safety seat that is equipped with a five-point harness.
-Children ages 2 to 4 and weighing up to 40 pounds must be secured in a child-safety seat equipped with a five-point harness, either rear-facing (up to the height and weight limits of the seat) or forward-facing.
-Children ages 4 to 8 and less than 57 inches tall (4-foot-9) must be secured in a forward-facing seat equipped with a five-point harness (up to the height and weight limits of the seat) or in a booster seat.
-Children ages 8 to 17 must use the vehicles seat belt. The safest place for children under 13 is the back seat.
- Car Seat Recall List
- New Jersey Division of Highway and Traffic Safety
- Chester First Aid Squad