Leaves / Grass / Brush
April to September Service (Curbside Yard Waste Collection Program)
During the months from April to September this service will occur on one Saturday per month for each zone. The Township has two zones, please view the street listing to determine your zone and collection dates. View the hard copy Township calendar you receive in the beginning of the year via USPS, website calendar below, Township News below, or subscribe to the Municipal Messenger to view dates.
- Material (grass clippings, leaves, plant waste, and light brush) must be placed in containers, 32 gallon recommended. All materials can be mixed together during this period
- Light brush may also be tied with string in bundles no longer than 4 feet or placed in 32g standard garbage cans cut to the height of the garbage can
- Please no plastic bags
- Fifty(50) pound limit per can or bundle
- No dirt, logs, roots, or stumps
- Residents (no contractors) may bring grass clippings and light brush to the Department of Public Works site on Jane Way off West Hanover Avenue during business hours and Saturdays from April to September from 6 AM to 1:45 PM
Fall Service (Curbside Leaf Collection Program)
- This Annual Leave Collection Program is provided from October to December. Pick-ups are by sector(three(3) Sectors): Find your Sector here (Use Ctrl F on your keyboard to easily search for your street in the PDF ).
- We cannot predict a specific collection day for your street(rotates thru the three sectors from Oct-Dec) but updates are sent out through the Municipal Messenger, the Websites "Township News", and "Department of Public Works Calendar"
In order to comply with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Storm Water Regulations, please adhere to the following:
Acceptable Materials and Guidelines for Curbside Placement:
- All materials must be placed along the curb line, not in the street, and kept 10 feet from all storm drains(Do not place piles on pavement nor 10 feet of a storm drain (catch basin)
- Only leaves and plant vegetation may be combined in a pile together
- All materials should be placed loosely along the curb (no bags, paper or plastic)
- Do not place brush in leaf piles
- Brush, dirt, grass, logs, tree parts, tree stumps, & tree trunks
- Do not place light brush out with regular garbage
- During this period only, residents may bring light brush and grass clippings to the Department of Public Works Site on Jane Way
6 Jane Way
Morristown, NJ 07960
6 Jane Way Morristown NJ 07960
50 Woodland Avenue
PO Box 7603
Convent Station, NJ 07961-7603
Phone: 973-326-7398Fax: 973-326-9580
Monday - Friday
6:00 AM - 3:30 PM
7:00 AM- 3:00 PM
6:00 AM - 1:45 PM
Ronald CerankowskiAssistant Superintendent
Joseph GribbonAssistant Foreman
Albert LovenbergRoad Foreman
Steven WightmanFleet Foreman
Louis WindtAssistant Foreman
Dec meeting & Public Works dates; Remaining holidays & '24 holidays; Hillside Hose Co. Annual Christmas Tree Sale; Healthy Eating Around the Holidays; Beware of Scams; Fire Safety This Holiday Season; Santa Fire Truck Tours; NJ Devils-Parks & Rec Night! Additional Info...
On Wed, Nov 29, the Morris Twp Health Dept. received notification that a resident was bitten by a raccoon on Harter Rd. The raccoon was rush transported to the NJ Dept. of Health Lab for Rabies testing. The raccoon has tested + for the Rabies virus. Additional Info...
November 25- December 24 Stop by to get your tree, wreath, garland, grave blankets, and shirts! Hillside Hose Co., 132 Western Avenue Check Facebook, Instagram, or Website for hours & updated information. Additional Info...
Mon Nov. 20
Fri Dec. 8
Fri Dec. 15
Fri Dec. 22