Leaves / Grass / Brush
April to September Service (Curbside Yard Waste Collection Program)
During the months from April to September this service will occur on one Saturday per month for each zone. The Township has two zones, please view the street listing linked to determine your zone and collection dates. Zone 1 & Zone 2. (Use Ctrl F on your keyboard to easily search for your street in the PDF )
- Material (grass clippings, leaves, plant waste, and light brush) must be placed in containers, 32 gallon recommended. All materials can be mixed together during this period.
- Light brush may also be tied with string in bundles no longer than 4 feet or placed in 32g standard garbage cans cut to the height of the garbage can.
- Please no plastic bags
- Fifty(50) pound limit per can or bundle
- No dirt, logs, roots, or stumps
- Residents (no contractors) may bring grass clippings and light brush to the Department of Public Works site on Jane Way off West Hanover Avenue during business hours and Saturdays from April to September from 6 AM to 1:45 PM.
Mon Jan. 18
Mon Jan. 25 - Fri Jan. 29
Mon Jan. 25Christmas Trees are picked up curbside every Monday in January. Please remove all tinsel, lights and decorations f...
Tue Feb. 9 - Thu Feb. 11
6 Jane Way
Morristown, NJ 07960
6 Jane Way Morristown NJ 07960
50 Woodland Avenue
PO Box 7603
Convent Station, NJ 07961-7603
Phone: 973-326-7398Fax: 973-326-9580
Monday - Friday
6:00 AM - 3:30 PM
7:00 AM- 3:00 PM
6:00 AM - 1:45 PM
John FlanaganAssistant Superintendent
Albert LovenbergRoad Foreman
Steven WightmanFleet Foreman
Louis WindtAssistant Foreman
Fall Service (Curbside Leaf Collection Program)
In order to comply with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Storm Water Regulations, please adhere to the following:
- Service provided from October to December. We cannot predict a specific collection day for your street but updates are sent out through the Municipal Messenger, the Websites "Township News", and "Department of Public Works Calendar"
- Leaves, grass clippings, and plant waste are to be placed in neat piles at the curb for collection
- Do not place piles on pavement nor 10 feet of a storm drain (catch basin)
- No brush in piles of leaves
- During this period only, residents may bring light brush and grass clippings to the Department of Public Works Site on Jane Way
- Do not place light brush out with regular garbage
- Pick-ups are by sector(three(3) Sectors): Find your Sector here (Use Ctrl F on your keyboard to easily search for your street in the PDF )
In observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, January 18, 2021 the Department of Public Works will be closed, and no collection services will take place. Click here to view the trash and recycling schedule for the week of Jan 18th- Jan 22nd. Read on...