About Us/ Environmental Commission
- 7 p.m.
- Monthly meeting, unless otherwise noted. View Calendar
- Municipal Building, 50 Woodland Avenue Morristown, NJ 07960
- All meetings are open to the Public
- Please contact the EC Secretary, contact information provided on this page if you have any suggestions or would like to learn more about getting involved
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Environmental Commission has seven regular members with 3 years terms and two alternate members with 2 year terms appointed by the Mayor. View Members
In 2020 the Commission added Associate/Student Members, learn more here: https://www.morristwp.com/DocumentCenter/View/8107/23-20_use
About the Board
The Environmental Commission is an advisory commission to the local government to inform residents on environmental issues, laws and programs. They strive to protect local natural resources, The Environmental Commission;
- Advises the Planning Board and Board of Adjustment about impacts of proposals for development on issues including flooding and runoff, open space needs, water and air quality, plants and animal habitat and waste disposal.
- Educates and informs the community on the importance of conserving natural resources and protecting the environment.
- Promotes recycling and solid waste reduction.
- Find out more: What is the Environmental Commission Doing? | Morris Township, NJ - Official Website (civicplus.com)