Winter Storm Information
What We Do
- Contract with an accredited weather service for timely information and response
- Clear 120 miles of municipal roadway: 240 lane miles on more than 360 individual streets
- Once snow begins to fall or ice develops, apply ice control abrasives
- Mixture of wet rock salt and fine aggregate
- Have 12 routes, each assigned at least one spreader truck
- Prioritize streets
- Major through or access streets and extreme grades having the highest priority
- At a snow depth of 2 inches, and if snow will continue to fall, begin plowing
- Each route is assigned at least two plows
- Snowstorm of 4 to 6 inches requires approximately eight hours to clear all the streets
- Ice control abrasives may be required again
- Front end loaders, to clear intersections and drainage basin inlets in critical areas and further open cul-de-sacs, will be used for significant snow volume
What You Can Do to Help
- Wait until the street has been plowed to the edge of pavement before shoveling the street end of your driveway
- Have contractors keep the plowed snow on your property wherever possible
- Limit your vehicular travel during snow or ice storms
- Obey all posted parking regulations
- Please assist the Department of Public Works by removing all vehicles from
the road during snow removal operations
- Clearing the snow from around fire hydrants and catch basin inlets
- Children should be cautioned about the dangers of sledding on the street
Trash & Recycling Collection During Winter Storms
In the event of inclement weather, such as snow, ice storms, and hurricanes, the same schedule used for a holiday will apply. If trash and/or recycling services are suspended due to weather, your trash and/or recycling collection will be the next day, i.e., a snow storm forces us to suspend trash collection on a Monday; Monday’s trash and recycling will be collected Tuesday, and Tuesday’s to Wednesday, and so forth for the remainder of the week. View our News for announcements and updates during severe weather.
February meeting & Public Works dates; No collection President's Day; Township Committee Office Hours; Property Tax Info; Tri-County Junior Police Academy; Pickleball Badge Registration; Rose Fundraiser; Pet Licenses; We're Hiring & Farmers Market Additional Info...
Morris Township Emergency Mgt.(OEM) & Firefighters Mutual Benevolent Association Local 70 (FMBA) Roses Fundraiser /One(1) dozen red, $35.00 | Two(2) dozen of any other color, $40.00 Additional Info...
1. Honoring the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 2. Office Hours Are Back 3. Volunteers Needed! 4. Upgrades Coming Soon! 5. State Health Benefit Negotiations Stall in Trenton Additional Info...