Municipal Offices & Facilities Info
Municipal Offices & Facilities
The Township Committee and our Township employees take this situation very seriously.
Our municipal team, including our Health Department officials, first responders (police, fire, OEM), and Administration – are working closely together to plan and implement best-practice local actions. We are in frequent contact with County and State officials to ensure that our actions align with CDC recommendations, with guidance and directives issued by the State, and with plans that are being coordinated at the County level.
Morris Township has implemented new guidelines and procedures to ensure the safety of our residents.
- All of our municipal buildings are now closed. All events and activities have been cancelled until further notice.
- Our Township Administrator’s Office will be staffed to answer questions and provide assistance to residents when possible. Residents can contact the office by phone: (973) 326-7360 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Township Health Department will also remain staffed. Residents can contact the office by phone: (973) 326-7390 or e-mail: email@example.com.
- Sewer fees due April 1st may be made by mail, online, or in the drop box located outside the front door of the municipal building.
- Building Dept. can be reached by phone or email. Inspections will continue but it is imperative to keep social distancing between inspector and homeowner or contractor.
- Open Public Records Request (OPRA): The Township Clerk’s Office will make every effort in replying to OPRA requests, however we may take additional time. If feasible please delay your request until absolutely necessary. The Township of Morris thanks you for your patience.
Trash and Recycling & Other Collection Services
- Trash and recycling will continue as scheduled, but most non-essential services will be cancelled absent an emergency. Please do not put extra trash outside of your trash cart. If you require additional pickups, please call: (973) 326-7398 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parks & Recreation
- Based on an Executive Order from the Governor, all of our parks and playgrounds are closed. Use of playground structures is not permitted. Trails are open to walking or biking by individuals or groups of four or less individuals who maintain 6 feet of distance from each other.
Public Safety (Police, Fire, OEM, & Morris Minute Men)
- As always, our police officers and firefighters are here to protect us. Additionally, emergency medical services continue to be provided by the Morris Minute Men. Our Office of Emergency Management is standing by should their services be needed. Our first responders are taking additional precautions when responding to emergencies to ensure their safety and the safety of our residents.
Joint Municipal Court- located in Madison
- All Municipal Court sessions have been ordered cancelled by the State of New Jersey until April 26th
- The Municipal Court Office will remain open to accept fines and payments, schedule future court cases and conduct day to day business. Payments may be made online at NJMCDirect.com
- Municipal Courts will continue to handle emergent matters involving public safety and temporary restraining orders
Building / Code EnforcementPhone: 973-326-7445/ 973-326-7446
Fire DepartmentPhone: 973-326-7435/ Emergency Dial 9-1-1
Land UsePhone: 973-326-7215
Parks and RecreationPhone: 973-326-7371
PolicePhone: 973-539-0777Emergency: 911
Department of Public WorksPhone: 973-326-7398
Tax Assessor's OfficePhone: 973-326-7380
Tax Collector's OfficePhone: 973-326-7420
Township Clerk's OfficePhone: 973-326-7430
Water Pollution Control UtilityPhone: 973-326-7363