Municipal Offices & Facilities Info
Our municipal team, including our Health Department officials, first responders (police, fire, OEM), and Administration – are working closely together to plan and implement best-practice local actions. We are in frequent contact with County and State officials to ensure that our actions align with CDC recommendations, with guidance and directives issued by the State, and with plans that are being coordinated at the County level.
Morris Township has implemented new guidelines and procedures to ensure the safety of our residents.
- All other public buildings in the Township (Water Pollution Control Utility, Police, Fire, & Public Works) will have restricted public access.
- Property taxes and sewer fee payments may be made by mail, online, or in the drop box located outside the front door & eastside foyer of the Municipal Building.
- Building Dept. can be reached by phone or email. Inspections will continue but it is imperative to keep social distancing between inspector and homeowner or contractor.
- Open Public Records Request (OPRA): The Township Clerk’s Office will make every effort in replying to OPRA requests, however we may take additional time. If feasible please delay your request until absolutely necessary. The Township of Morris thanks you for your patience
- More info on the Nov 3rd election forthcoming
Trash and Recycling & Other Collection Services
- Trash and recycling will continue as scheduled, but most non-essential services will be cancelled absent an emergency. Please do not put extra trash outside of your trash cart. If you require additional pickups, please call: (973) 326-7398 or email: email@example.com
- Littering and improper disposal of germ-bearing items can undo our community’s efforts to contain viral germs, prevent the spread, and flatten the curve. So please properly and safely disposal of all trash items. (i.e. cleaning clothes, facial cleansing pads & cloths, facial tissues, latex gloves, used napkins, used paper towels, wipes, face masks, mop sheets, and personal protective equipment). View how to do so here or here.
Parks & Recreation / Swim Pool
- Parks & Rec Fall/Winter Brochure / Register
- Basketball/ Tennis update
- Swim Pool Opening / Waitlist (6/29 reached full capacity)
Social distancing will continue to be mandated.
Public Safety (Police, Fire, OEM, & Morris Minute Men)
- As always, our police officers and firefighters are here to protect us. Additionally, emergency medical services continue to be provided by the Morris Minute Men. Our Office of Emergency Management is standing by should their services be needed. Our first responders are taking additional precautions when responding to emergencies to ensure their safety and the safety of our residents.
Joint Municipal Court- located in Madison
- Municipal courts have cancelled their in person court sessions. With the use of technology, certain cases may be able to be heard and adjudicated remotely. It is advised that you contact the court, 973-593-3026 to set up a video court proceeding and provide your telephone and email address.
- The Municipal Court Office will remain open to accept fines and payments, schedule future court cases and conduct day to day business. Payments may be made online at NJMCDirect.com
- Municipal Courts will continue to handle emergent matters involving public safety and temporary restraining orders
Building / Code EnforcementPhone: 973-326-7445/ 973-326-7446
Fire DepartmentPhone: 973-326-7435/ Emergency Dial 9-1-1
Land UsePhone: 973-326-7215
Parks and RecreationPhone: 973-326-7371
PolicePhone: 973-539-0777Emergency: 911
Department of Public WorksPhone: 973-326-7398
Tax Assessor's OfficePhone: 973-326-7380
Tax Collector's OfficePhone: 973-326-7420
Township Clerk's OfficePhone: 973-326-7430
Water Pollution Control UtilityPhone: 973-326-7363