Towing Information

If your vehicle was towed from the crash you are responsible for all towing charges and any storage fees that may occur. If you received a Motor Vehicle Crash Sheet from the officer at the time of the crash and your vehicle was towed, the tow company that has your vehicle will be indicated on the lower portion of that form. Morris Township typically uses four towing companies.

  • Ajaco Towing, 1029 Edwards Road, Parsippany, NJ, Phone: 973-882-5576
  • Basking Ridge Towing, LLC, 79 Martin Luther King Ave, Morristown NJ, Phone: 908-604-8554 
  • C&L Towing, 45 Dumont Place. Morristown NJ, Phone: 973-386-9866  
  • Eagle Towing, 40 S Jefferson Road, Whippany, NJ, Phone: 973-884-2742 
  • Mesler's Towing, 163 Morris St., Morristown NJ, Phone: 973-267-4515 
  • Morristown Auto Body, 17 MLK Avenue, Morristown, NJ, Phone: 973-267-7665  

Motor Vehicle Crash Reports

If you need a copy of a crash report you may obtain a copy from the Records Bureau. Reports are usually completed seven days after the date of the crash. Please call the Records Bureau before you respond to headquarters to confirm that your report is complete. There is a charge for the crash report.

You may also access your crash report via the internet. Please note, there is also a charge for this service. While accessing the website simply enter your last name, date of the crash, and the incident report number.

Traffic Summonses

If you received a traffic summons you must read the summons. This will explain your rights and responsibilities in detail. A summons issued for a motor vehicle crash with an injury will require a court appearance. You must contact the court at least seven days before the notice to appear date on the front of the summons, if you intend to plead not guilty. You have a right to issue a summons to the other driver within 30 days of the crash. The Morris Township Municipal Court may be contacted at 973-593-3026.

Once a summons is issued only the court can address a summons. As soon as possible, notify your insurance company that you were involved in a crash. Your insurance company will advise you how to file a claim if necessary.