Automated "Single Stream" Recycling Collection Program
- Recycling is picked up weekly; see street list schedule for your collection service day
- Recycling should be placed at your curbside no later than 6AM of scheduled collection day (Memorial Day to Labor Day curbside by 5:30AM). Remove carts by dusk of your collection day
- Keep cart away from all obstructions, face arrows towards the street and allow 4 ft. of space on all sides of recycling cart
- Do not place near mailboxes, leaf piles, snow banks, under trees or in close proximity to containers or vehicles
- All recyclable materials can be placed loosely into the blue automated recycling cart for curbside collection. What goes where? Trash or Recycle?
- Paper: Newspapers/ Magazines • Junk Mail/ Office Paper • Corrugated Cardboard (breakdown) • Cereal/Cracker/Cookie Boxes • Milk/Juice/Ice Cream Containers (rinsed & clean) • Phone Books/Paperback Books • Brown Paper Bags • Paper Egg Cartons
- Plastic: Containers (Bottle & Non-Bottles) Coded: #1, 2, & 5. No plastic bags.
- Metal: Aluminum Cans • Steel (tin) Cans • Foil & Pie Pans (cleaned)
- Glass: Glass Bottles & Jars (remove lids & caps)
- Cartons: Learn more about cartons
- Place all recyclable materials loosely into the blue automated recycling cart with or without paper bags, please no plastic bags
- DO NOT tie or bundle corrugated cardboard, clipboard(cereal and shoeboxes...), junk mail, magazines, or newspapers
- Cardboard must be cut down to fit into the cart as to allow all materials to flow freely during the collection process
- Rinse all cans, bottles, cartons, and jars
- Blue Recycling Cart is for recycling only!
Dec meeting & Public Works dates; Remaining holidays & '24 holidays; Hillside Hose Co. Annual Christmas Tree Sale; Healthy Eating Around the Holidays; Beware of Scams; Fire Safety This Holiday Season; Santa Fire Truck Tours; NJ Devils-Parks & Rec Night! Additional Info...
On Wed, Nov 29, the Morris Twp Health Dept. received notification that a resident was bitten by a raccoon on Harter Rd. The raccoon was rush transported to the NJ Dept. of Health Lab for Rabies testing. The raccoon has tested + for the Rabies virus. Additional Info...
November 25- December 24 Stop by to get your tree, wreath, garland, grave blankets, and shirts! Hillside Hose Co., 132 Western Avenue Check Facebook, Instagram, or Website for hours & updated information. Additional Info...