- Public Works
- Recycling Collection
Things to Know for the "Single Stream" Recycling Collection & Automated "Single Stream" Recycling Collection Program
- Recycling is picked up weekly; see street list schedule for your collection service day
- Recycling should be placed at your curbside no later than 6AM of scheduled collection day (Memorial Day to Labor Day curbside by 5:30AM). Remove carts by dusk of your collection day
- Keep cart away from all obstructions, face arrows towards the street and allow 4 ft. of space on all sides of recycling cart
- Do not place near mailboxes, leaf piles, snow banks, under trees or in close proximity to containers or vehicles
- All recyclable materials can be placed loosely into the blue automated recycling cart for curbside collection. What goes where? Trash or Recycle?
- Paper: Newspapers/ Magazines • Junk Mail/ Office Paper • Corrugated Cardboard (breakdown) • Cereal/Cracker/Cookie Boxes • Milk/Juice/Ice Cream Containers (rinsed & clean) • Phone Books/Paperback Books • Brown Paper Bags • Paper Egg Cartons
- Plastic: Containers (Bottle & Non-Bottles) Coded: #1, 2, & 5. No plastic bags.
- Metal: Aluminum Cans • Steel (tin) Cans • Foil & Pie Pans (cleaned)
- Glass: Glass Bottles & Jars (remove lids & caps)
- Cartons: Click here for more information
- Place all recyclable materials loosely into the blue automated recycling cart with or without paper bags, please no plastic bags
- DO NOT tie or bundle corrugated cardboard, clipboard(cereal and shoeboxes...), junk mail, magazines, or newspapers
- Cardboard must be cut down to fit into the cart as to allow all materials to flow freely during the collection process
- Rinse all cans, bottles, cartons, and jars
- Blue Recycling Cart is for recycling only!
Mon Mar. 27 - Fri Mar. 31
Municipal Messenger Monthly/ MarchMarch meeting & Public Works dates; Township Committee Office Hours; Tri-County Junior Police Academy; Pickleball Badge Registration; 2023 Swim Pool Season; Spring Rec Programs; Daylight Savings Time; We're Hiring!; MCMUA Household Hazardous Waste events Additional Info...
Until further notice, Building, Engineering, & Zoning will not be accepting credit cardsAcceptable Payment: cash, check, certified check, bank check, or money order. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
x3 No Cost COVID-19 Vaccine and Booster Clinics-sponsored by County Public Health & Atlantic Health1. Thurs, March 23/ 9 AM- 11 AM / Cedar Knolls_ 2. Wed, April 19/ 11 AM-2 PM/ Denville _3. Sat, May 20/ 10 AM- 2 PM/ Boonton Additional Info...