Things to Know for the "Single Stream" Recycling Collection & Automated "Single Stream" Recycling Collection Program
- Recycling is picked up weekly; see street list schedule for your collection service day
- Recycling should be placed at your curbside no later than 6AM of scheduled collection day (Memorial Day to Labor Day curbside by 5:30AM). Remove carts by dusk of your collection day
- Keep cart away from all obstructions, face arrows towards the street and allow 4 ft. of space on all sides of recycling cart
- Do not place near mailboxes, leaf piles, snow banks, under trees or in close proximity to containers or vehicles
- All recyclable materials can be placed loosely into the blue automated recycling cart for curbside collection. What goes where? Trash or Recycle?
- Paper: Newspapers/ Magazines • Junk Mail/ Office Paper • Corrugated Cardboard (breakdown) • Cereal/Cracker/Cookie Boxes • Milk/Juice/Ice Cream Containers (rinsed & clean) • Phone Books/Paperback Books • Brown Paper Bags • Paper Egg Cartons
- Plastic: Containers (Bottle & Non-Bottles) Coded: #1, 2, & 5. No plastic bags.
- Metal: Aluminum Cans • Steel (tin) Cans • Foil & Pie Pans (cleaned)
- Glass: Glass Bottles & Jars (remove lids & caps)
- Cartons: Click here for more information
- Place all recyclable materials loosely into the blue automated recycling cart with or without paper bags, please no plastic bags
- DO NOT tie or bundle corrugated cardboard, clipboard(cereal and shoeboxes...), junk mail, magazines, or newspapers
- Cardboard must be cut down to fit into the cart as to allow all materials to flow freely during the collection process
- Rinse all cans, bottles, cartons, and jars
- Blue Recycling Cart is for recycling only!
January meeting & Public Work dates; 2023 holiday list- no collection days; Lunch & Learn 2023!; Township Committee Office Hours; Free Antigen Test Distribution Program; Winter '23; Notifications-Communications; & Winter's Farmers Market Additional Info...
Morris Township Emergency Mgt.(OEM) & Firefighters Mutual Benevolent Association Local 70 (FMBA) Roses Fundraiser /One(1) dozen red, $35.00 | Two(2) dozen of any other color, $40.00 Additional Info...
This program provides property tax relief to New Jersey residents who owned or rented their principal residence (main home) on October 1, 2019, and met the income limits. Additional Info...