Things to Know for the Automated Trash Collection Program
- Trash is picked up weekly. See the Street List schedule for your collection day.
- Trash carts are designed to hold normal household trash ONLY. Carts are not designed to contain bulk items, hazardous materials, chemicals, hot ashes, poisons and other harmful material.
- Carts shall be placed along the curb, in the street and must leave a space of 4 ft between the cart and all obstacles, i.e. parked vehicles, mailbox, trees, etc.
- Carts shall be placed along the curb, in the street, 4 ft between the cart and all obstacles no later than 6 a.m. of the scheduled day. From Memorial Day to Labor Day carts shall be placed along curb in the street no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Carts shall be removed from the curb by 6 p.m. of the evening of collection day.
- All large items will be collected on a once a month basis and must be called into the DPW office at 973.326.7398 for collection i.e. mattresses, box springs, rugs, large glass doors, etc...The items will be collected by a separate vehicle. Please follow all guidelines outlined here:
- Wrap large glass doors with cardboard and tape
- Rugs should be cut, rolled, and tied in a roll not exceeding 50 pounds
- Mattresses and Box springs must be wrapped in plastic prior to placing out for disposal
- Items should not be more than four (4) feet in length
- If you are moving, please notify us well in advance
- No construction material allowed
- No Household Hazardous Waste is allowed
- Latex paint must be dried out in cans before disposal: cat litter works well.
- Animal feces should be placed in paper bags before being put in the trash
This demonstrates what happens when carts are not placed 4ft. a part:
Mon Jan. 24 - Fri Jan. 28
Fri Jan. 28
Mon Jan. 31Christmas Trees are picked up curbside every Monday in January. (Except January 17th, Martin Luther King Jr. Day) Please remove all tinsel, lights and decorations f...
January Zoom meetings, Department of Public Works dates, Curbside Christmas Tree Collection, Stay Connected, Safeguard You Vehicle, Shop Local at the Winter Farmers Market, and Environmental News You Can Use... Additional Info...
Must be a seventh or eighth grade student from a school within Morris Township, Morris Plains, or Morristown at time of application Additional Info...
January has been a busy month thus far in town hall. Stay up to speed on what’s happening in the Township each month by reading the Mayor’s Monthly Newsletter Mayor’s Monthly Newsletter
John FlanaganAssistant Superintendent
Albert LovenbergRoad Foreman
Steven WightmanFleet Foreman
Louis WindtAssistant Foreman
Department of Public Works
6 Jane Way
Morristown, NJ 07960
6 Jane Way Morristown NJ 07960
50 Woodland Avenue
PO Box 7603
Convent Station, NJ 07961-7603
Phone: 973-326-7398Fax: 973-326-9580
Monday - Friday
6:00 AM - 3:30 PM
7:00 AM- 3:00 PM
6:00 AM - 1:45 PM