Things to Know for the Automated Trash Collection Program
- Trash is picked up weekly. See the Street List schedule for your collection day.
- Trash carts are designed to hold normal household trash ONLY. Carts are not designed to contain bulk items, hazardous materials, chemicals, hot ashes, poisons and other harmful material.
- Carts shall be placed along the curb, in the street and must leave a space of 4 ft between the cart and all obstacles, i.e. parked vehicles, mailbox, trees, etc.
- Carts shall be placed along the curb, in the street, 4 ft between the cart and all obstacles no later than 6 a.m. of the scheduled day. From Memorial Day to Labor Day carts shall be placed along curb in the street no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Carts shall be removed from the curb by 6 p.m. of the evening of collection day.
- All large items will be collected on a once a month basis and must be called into the DPW office at 973.326.7398 for collection i.e. mattresses, box springs, rugs, large glass doors, etc...The items will be collected by a separate vehicle. Please follow all guidelines outlined here:
- Wrap large glass doors with cardboard and tape
- Rugs should be cut, rolled, and tied in a roll not exceeding 50 pounds
- Mattresses and Box springs must be wrapped in plastic prior to placing out for disposal
- Items should not be more than four (4) feet in length
- If you are moving, please notify us well in advance
- No construction material allowed
- No Household Hazardous Waste is allowed
- Latex paint must be dried out in cans before disposal: cat litter works well.
- Animal feces should be placed in paper bags before being put in the trash
This demonstrates what happens when carts are not placed 4ft. a part:
January meeting & Public Work dates; 2023 holiday list- no collection days; Lunch & Learn 2023!; Township Committee Office Hours; Free Antigen Test Distribution Program; Winter '23; Notifications-Communications; & Winter's Farmers Market Additional Info...
Morris Township Emergency Mgt.(OEM) & Firefighters Mutual Benevolent Association Local 70 (FMBA) Roses Fundraiser /One(1) dozen red, $35.00 | Two(2) dozen of any other color, $40.00 Additional Info...
This program provides property tax relief to New Jersey residents who owned or rented their principal residence (main home) on October 1, 2019, and met the income limits. Additional Info...
John FlanaganAssistant Superintendent
Albert LovenbergRoad Foreman
Steven WightmanFleet Foreman
Louis WindtAssistant Foreman
Department of Public Works
6 Jane Way
Morristown, NJ 07960
6 Jane Way Morristown NJ 07960
50 Woodland Avenue
PO Box 7603
Convent Station, NJ 07961-7603
Phone: : 973-326-7398Fax: : 973-326-9580
Monday - Friday
6:00 AM - 3:30 PM
7:00 AM- 3:00 PM
6:00 AM - 1:45 PM