Things to Know for the Automated Trash Collection Program
- Trash is picked up weekly. See the Street List schedule for your collection day.
- Trash carts are designed to hold normal household trash ONLY. Carts are not designed to contain bulk items, hazardous materials, chemicals, hot ashes, poisons and other harmful material.
- Carts shall be placed along the curb, in the street and must leave a space of 4 ft between the cart and all obstacles, i.e. parked vehicles, mailbox, trees, etc.
- Carts shall be placed along the curb, in the street, 4 ft between the cart and all obstacles no later than 6 a.m. of the scheduled day. From Memorial Day to Labor Day carts shall be placed along curb in the street no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Carts shall be removed from the curb by 6 p.m. of the evening of collection day.
- All large items will be collected on a once a month basis and must be called into the DPW office at 973.326.7398 for collection i.e. mattresses, box springs, rugs, large glass doors, etc...The items will be collected by a separate vehicle. Please follow all guidelines outlined here:
- Wrap large glass doors with cardboard and tape
- Rugs should be cut, rolled, and tied in a roll not exceeding 50 pounds
- Mattresses and Box springs must be wrapped in plastic prior to placing out for disposal
- Items should not be more than four (4) feet in length
- If you are moving, please notify us well in advance
- No construction material allowed
- No Household Hazardous Waste is allowed
- Latex paint must be dried out in cans before disposal: cat litter works well.
- Animal feces should be placed in paper bags before being put in the trash
This demonstrates what happens when carts are not placed 4ft. a part:
Mon Aug. 1 - Wed Aug. 31AUGUST CURBSIDE YARDWASTE COLLECTION Curbside Yardwaste Collection for August will take...
Fri Aug. 19
Mon Aug. 22 - Fri Aug. 26
Aug Zoom meetings, Department of Public Works Dates, Curbside Yardwaste Collection, Township Committee Office Hours Cancelled, Citizen Police Academy, National Night Out, Collinsville Movie Night!... Additional Info...
Morris Township will be collecting backpack supplies for a short time. If you would like to donate any new school supplies, please drop them off in the lobby at the Morris Township Municipal Building by Thursday, August 11, 2022 Additional Info...
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the lead federal agency, in partnership with the Federal Communications Commission & the Department of Veterans Affairs, working to make the promise of 988 a reality for America. Additional Info...
John FlanaganAssistant Superintendent
Albert LovenbergRoad Foreman
Steven WightmanFleet Foreman
Louis WindtAssistant Foreman
Department of Public Works
6 Jane Way
Morristown, NJ 07960
6 Jane Way Morristown NJ 07960
50 Woodland Avenue
PO Box 7603
Convent Station, NJ 07961-7603
Phone: 973-326-7398Fax: 973-326-9580
Monday - Friday
6:00 AM - 3:30 PM
7:00 AM- 3:00 PM
6:00 AM - 1:45 PM