Building & Construction Code Enforcement
Until further notice, Building, Engineering, & Zoning will not be accepting credit cards
Acceptable Payment: cash, check, certified check, bank check, or money order. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
About the Department
It is the responsibility of the Building Department to administer and enforce the Uniform Construction Code, State of New Jersey N.J.A.C.5:23 and Township Ordinances for all new and existing construction within the township.
These responsibilities include the issuing of all construction permits for Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire applications and performing the required inspections for code compliance and then issuing the proper certificate once the project has been completed.
It is the goal of the Building Department to ensure that all construction is code complaint for the safety and welfare of its residence and visitors.
If you are planning to make repairs or sell your home, please click this link to view the following items that require a permit under the uniform construction code.
- Construction Permit Application - Certification in Lieu of Oath (F100)
- Building Subcode (F110)
- Electrical Subcode (F120)
- Plumbing Subcode (F130)
- Fire Protection Subcode (F140) / NJAC 5:70-2.3 Smoke and Fire Extinguisher Requirements
- Application for Certificate (F270)
- Application for a Variation (F160)
- Certificate of Habitability Application (CH) /Requirements
- Mechanical Inspection(F145)
- Demolition Permit Application
Checklists & Schedules
- Fee Schedule
- Schedule of Inspection
- Requirements for CH Inspection
- Air Barrier and Insulation Checklist (F392)
- Chimney Verification for Replacement of Fuel-Fired Equipment (F370)
- Chimney Liner / Must submit info and sizing chart
- Framing Checklist (F390)
- Optional Load Calculations for Dwelling Units NEC 220.82
Municipal Messenger Monthly/ MarchMarch meeting & Public Works dates; Township Committee Office Hours; Tri-County Junior Police Academy; Pickleball Badge Registration; 2023 Swim Pool Season; Spring Rec Programs; Daylight Savings Time; We're Hiring!; MCMUA Household Hazardous Waste events Additional Info...
Until further notice, Building, Engineering, & Zoning will not be accepting credit cardsAcceptable Payment: cash, check, certified check, bank check, or money order. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
x3 No Cost COVID-19 Vaccine and Booster Clinics-sponsored by County Public Health & Atlantic Health1. Thurs, March 23/ 9 AM- 11 AM / Cedar Knolls_ 2. Wed, April 19/ 11 AM-2 PM/ Denville _3. Sat, May 20/ 10 AM- 2 PM/ Boonton Additional Info...