Building & Construction Code Enforcement
About the Department
It is the responsibility of the Building Department to administer and enforce the Uniform Construction Code, State of New Jersey N.J.A.C.5:23 and Township Ordinances for all new and existing construction within the township.
These responsibilities include the issuing of all construction permits for Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire applications and performing the required inspections for code compliance and then issuing the proper certificate once the project has been completed.
It is the goal of the Building Department to ensure that all construction is code complaint for the safety and welfare of its residence and visitors.
If you are planning to make repairs or sell your home, please click this link to view the following items that require a permit under the uniform construction code.
- Construction Permit Application - Certification in Lieu of Oath (F100)
- Building Subcode (F110)
- Electrical Subcode (F120)
- Plumbing Subcode (F130)
- Fire Protection Subcode (F140) / NJAC 5:70-2.3 Smoke and Fire Extinguisher Requirements
- Application for Certificate (F270)
- Application for a Variation (F160)
- Certificate of Habitability Application (CH) /Requirements
- Mechanical Inspection(F145)
- Demolition Permit Application
Checklists & Schedules
- Fee Schedule
- Schedule of Inspection
- Requirements for CH Inspection
- Air Barrier and Insulation Checklist (F392)
- Chimney Verification for Replacement of Fuel-Fired Equipment (F370)
- Chimney Liner / Must submit info and sizing chart
- Framing Checklist (F390)
- Optional Load Calculations for Dwelling Units NEC 220.82
December In-Person Meetings & Public Works Dates, TC Office Hours, Holiday Hours, Santa Fire Truck Tours!, Lunch and Learn, Winter Farmers Market, Hillside Hose Co. Annual Tree Sale... Additional Info...
Tues, Nov 29th, members of the Township Committee joined elected officials from 5 neighboring towns to discuss the negative impacts municipalities across NJ will feel next year as a result of proposed health insurance premium increases through the SHBP Additional Info...
Enter your house for a chance to win from 1 of the following categories: "Your inner- Clark Griswold", "Traditional Lights", "Animation Celebration" . Register thru CommunityPass(click link) by Dec 9, 3 PM Additional Info...