Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
A. Applicability, The landlord registration requirement applies to all rental premises or units used for dwelling purposes except owner-occupied premises with not more than two rental units.
B. Filing of Registration
Within thirty (30) days of transfer of ownership, or creation of new apartments, owner must file appropriate registration statements with:
1. The municipal Clerk of the municipality, in which the residential property is situated for one or two family non-owner occupied rental dwelling;
2. For dwellings with more than two rental units:
a. Landlord must go to the Bureau of Housing Inspection in the Department of Community Affairs.
b. Department of Community Affairs sends copy of filed statement to Municipal Clerk for the public records of the municipality.
C. Eviction/Possession of Premises:
1. In any action for possession instituted by a landlord who has failed to comply within provisions of this act, no judgment for possession shall be entered until there has been compliance.
2. The Court shall continue such case for up to ninety (90) days, and if there has not been compliance within such period, the action is dismissed.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field